You wish to give a new breathe to an ageing range/product and you wonder how to innovate and pave your teams’ creativity by a structured approach.
You want to get a competitive advantage by providing a new service or the same services in a different manner
You want to identify new markets by capitalising on your products and/or technologies of which you have a strong expertise.
The issue is not to look for but to find out. To find out you actually need to know what you are looking for. It is the reason why APTEÒ has developed a very specific innovation method.
The APTEÒ method specificity is to start from the functions and the use contexts with the functional analysis. The goal is to focus on the service to be provided/product functions and not on the solution.
With this specific method APTEÒ will help you to innovate in a radical yet structured manner.
The APTE method applied to innovation allows to identify:
- Functions that are unmet (or poorly met) with the current product
- Use contexts not or hardly possible with the current product
- New possibilities to fulfill the function
- Functional benchmark that can be duplicated on your products or packagings
- Niche markets where some services/functions are not or poorly provided, or not accessible to a certain category of customers.
The APTE method in practice: innovation approach
APTEÒ proposes to support the innovation team with the APTEÒ method all along the project, as a skilled and organised team can find out what it is looking for.
The approach consists of leading a multidisciplinary working group. It aims at:
- Being objective vs. the raised issue
- Finding out original, different new proposals
- Ensuring the search comprehensiveness.
To do so it is based on different principles:
- Fresh look.
- Analogy and functional transpositions
- Search for unusual associations (discover matrix),
- Systematic inventory of possible principles and solutions.